Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SL613 Jig Help
« Last post by amillar on Today at 10:59:03 AM »
5. The switch, I believe, connects the resistors to the Mic input, to check for noise in the mic pre in the absence of signal.
Yes, although I'd completely forgotten that! We used it to check for noisy 5534s, it was a regular job in production test to weed those out.
One of my first jobs at SSL was spending all day every day setting up 611s on that jig...gawd it was dull...you have no idea how many packets of biscuits I got through doing that!  ;D

Cheers, Andy
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: G series console and computer operators manuals
« Last post by amillar on Today at 10:38:49 AM »
Pm'd Anthony
« Last post by amillar on October 17, 2021, 09:45:27 PM »
Hi Antony, I'll have a look tomorrow to find out how much it would cost to get it there!
Cheers, Andy
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: DL connector to “something else” available?
« Last post by MarconeMusic on October 17, 2021, 12:57:18 AM »
Nice Jim!
I’ll chat with ya.
« Last post by horizonsound on October 16, 2021, 09:28:40 PM »
Hey Andy,

I would be very interested in the grey Console Operators Manual if there are no takers.

Anthony.
4K,6K,8K Series / 4k mix bus comp/XLogic G series comp
« Last post by soundscope on October 16, 2021, 01:37:25 PM »
Hello,

I am posting here about XLogic as the basis of the issue may have roots in 4K G series consoles. 

I have a particular issue with a XLogic G series bus compressor that I believe is logic related.  I was told by SSL recently that the compressor "IN" switch operates such that "If the lamp is out, audio will not pass. It is in series. This is common to G series consoles as well." 

This seems not exactly correct but it is possible that the dc control signal from the switch operation feeds the logic on the main board THROUGH the lamp inside the "IN" switch located on the front panel.  I have heard of some 6k G console control room monitor sections seizing operation if the lamps in the switches were out--all 4k G consoles I have ever worked on did NOT operate this way--the lamps in the logic passed dc to the lamp as a parallel path but not "through" the lamp on the way to feed the logic input. 

Can anyone confirm or provide a sketch/drawing of G series logic that works by relying on the operation of the lamps in the EAO panel switches?

Thanks much.
« Last post by amillar on October 16, 2021, 01:26:09 PM »
Hopefully photo attached...
4K,6K,8K Series / G series console and computer operators manuals
« Last post by amillar on October 16, 2021, 01:23:02 PM »
Hi,

Would anyone like an "as new" (except for dust) pair of G series console and computers operators manuals? Let's start with the UK and if no-one there's interested happy to try to ship overseas. Just looking for the postage costs to be covered.

Having a house reorganisation and clear out...and I can't imagine there'll be much demand for these at the charity shops!

Thanks,

Andy
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: DL connector to “something else” available?
« Last post by jimlfixit on October 14, 2021, 03:40:19 PM »
Hi MarconeMusic

I have just seen your request for a DL to 3 x 25 way D type lead. I have made loads of these so check out my Facebook page below for various examples of DL and D sub connector wiring etc.

Meanwhile, I attach a picture here (if it works?). I also sell DL connectors to various distributors and studios throughout the World, have a stock here and can probably beat any other prices.

I am the wiring Moderator on here (see my posts in the wiring menu) and am based in the UK. Just seen that you are in Canada and I have sent stuff to the USA and Canada before.

https://www.facebook.com/jimlassen.wiring.7
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SL613 Jig Help
« Last post by Chris Simon on October 12, 2021, 02:49:05 PM »
Hi,

It would seem I'm able to post again. Pictures from a friend of the 354 test jig:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10