XK-System (community project) > Software Development

SSL Computer Software - Development Documentation

(1/13) > >>

Artur D'Assumpção:
Hi guys,

Do you guys know if SSL as ever released the SSL Computer development documentation or even source code to the community (even if privately)? If not, do you think this is something they will be willing to do given the right motivation?

I am looking for this information because I am planning to develop a software to backup and manage projects on the oldie floppy disks.  This software would enable you to read/write and manage the floppy data on a modern computer. If I had access to the implementation details I might also be able to to other fancy stuff, like editing the project data.

Of course this would be something that would be freely available to the SSLMixed community.

Cheers,

Artur

Dan Korneff:
sounds interesting! sorry I don't have any info on the software source code

Artur D'Assumpção:
I don't need the source code. But I would need to know the filesystem structure for the floppy format and files. If i knew that i could easily make a userspace driver to mount it on OS X or Linux and backup projects, view them and edit them. This would be really awesome.

Does anyone one here have an inside contact with SSL? Would this be something they would be willing to provide?

sintech:

--- Quote from: Artur D'Assumpção on October 31, 2013, 09:36:46 AM ---I don't need the source code. But I would need to know the filesystem structure for the floppy format and files. If i knew that i could easily make a userspace driver to mount it on OS X or Linux and backup projects, view them and edit them. This would be really awesome.

Does anyone one here have an inside contact with SSL? Would this be something they would be willing to provide?

--- End quote ---

You need to speak to Jim, he knows the guy who programmed the system software from the ground up.

Doubt SSL will be any help at this stage.

Artur D'Assumpção:
I'll try to get Jim in this thread! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version