Tech discussion > 4K,6K,8K Series

Adding aux

<< < (2/3) > >>

Clip6:
When you select say bus 1-4 at the same time the direct level on each buss will control master level for each buss. If you return buss to console the main fader now becomes efx level control also.

Clip6:
Also you could do bluestone/ air cues mod. You get send off front rear buss assign. You also could do what Shelly Yakus does and mod the buss pan and make that an efx send. Lots of work on those two choices. You could only modify a few channels like tla did. He has a few just for extra send for say vocal.

Richealey:
On the early E series at Le Studio I modded the rear buss to be an extra send. I turned the front / rear pan into gain control for rear only.  I bypassed the L / R pan pot for the rears. I pulled the rear VCA cards in the center section and you could use the pre VCA sends as your outputs.
Paul Northfield can up with the idea. He was always coming up with cool ideas.

horizonsound:
Would adding a split cues system work for you?

This puts 1-4 aux sends on the left of the console, and makes the right of the console 5-8.

Alternatively, I have a cues matrix system here which adds up to 8 additional cue sends, for a total of 12 cue sends. It was from a live TV studio, on a 6088G console.

It requires considerable modification to each channel, and the back planes.

Anthony.

Riff Raff:
Thanks Anthony.
That's gorgious !!!!
But I think it will be far cheaper for me to do a custom mod on my console (I found where to take the signal pre and post) to add 8 or 12 stereo aux with 2 mono talk back channels (one from control room, one from studio TB mics), one stereo return for tracking reverb and one stereo return for mix to can with a priority to mute aux sends (but let talkbacks) while listenning mix to can.
What is your price, just for curiosity ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version