Author Topic: SSL 6000E Meters on Line In / Mic In  (Read 1271 times)

murphster_matt

• Germany
SSL 6000E Meters on Line In / Mic In
« on: June 04, 2021, 12:11:17 AM »
Hello Peeps!

So I am building my dream console. I currently have 16 6000E Channels all running nicely, no centre section but piped directly into my SSL Sigma summing box (2 buses with Inserts and DAW Automation!! ;D) and sounding very nice indeed.

I have some more frame bits to build a 19" centre section for my master bus racks and DAW controller and another 8 Channels & bucket on the way :)

So here is my golden question:

I only have a 4000G Service Manual and the subtle differences are confusing me a little.

It looks like my 6000E channels have no VCA to Meter option, I know I am missing the button on the centre section but I cannot figure out how I could wire such an option per channel either.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT, I can only get the meters to measure TAPE IN (Default Green Light) or Group In (Orange Light). I asked a reliable source who informed me that the E series 4000/6000 didn't have any other options and even the VCA to meters was first introduced on the G series  :'(

I can't find any schematics which can shed any light on if I had any other options, but I really would like to get the VU meters to display Line In and ideally also Mic In, since these are my main inputs. I could use Tape/Group for mixdown but then I am limited in EQ-DYN order in the monitor path.

Anyone got some experience, schematics and great ideas to help me out please  :)

All the best!

Matt (A very happy SSL owner)

murphster_matt

• Germany
Re: SSL 6000E Meters on Line In / Mic In
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
Was it something I said  ::)