Author Topic: 6080G Rare Parts  (Read 634 times)

horizonsound

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
6080G Rare Parts
« on: July 31, 2023, 10:41:21 AM »
Hi All,

Long time between posts. This year I've picked up a lot of local work and am spending any spare time on repairs and parts.

Recently we had a major studio close, and I'm currently holding all of their spare parts, and a few odd-ball console components which I though I'd share if anyone has run across these before.

The original console was a 6080G with two wrap around wings, used in a major TV studio here which hosted live bands. It had custom additional cue mixes, controlled via sub mixers and additional split cue master sections. Each of the 80 channels could be sent to Aux 1-4 (on each module), or in addition, 5-12 on the submixers. By the look of it they tapped the aux send off the insert send, directly from the back plane of the bucket.

There was also a custom "Video Switcher" installed. Inside this is a Z80 processor! I've managed to power it up and it cycles in a lamp test routine, but nothing else.

Anyone come across these before?

And if you are after any spare parts, I now have a huge amount of switches and pots! Just get in contact.

Anthony.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:52:40 AM by horizonsound »

horizonsound

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
Re: 6080G Rare Parts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 08:52:53 AM »
Fixed up the images.