Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
4K,6K,8K Series / DL Pinouts
« Last post by jimlfixit on June 29, 2021, 12:01:02 PM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments. We might be corresponding in the wrong thread though!
By any chance, do you have the wiring diagrams for the SL651 master DL connectors? That would be DL31, 32, 33.
I want to set these up correctly this time.

Anthony.

Hi Anthony. I do have pinouts for DL's 31,32 and 33 but they changed somewhat over the years. I will do a post on these elsewhere on the Forum shortly but meanwhile, send me an email (found on my Facebook wiring page) and I will send you some DL wiring layouts for these. Jim L
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SOLO/CUT isolate not working well
« Last post by oyanliz on June 29, 2021, 07:44:49 AM »
Hi all,

I confussed the multiplex card with the logic card in my last post comments. I have been checking the channel strips 25-32 and the logic card switches are correctly configured, I think. (attached a picture)

Should I check all the channels? The first 24 channels work fine all together and the last 16 channels also work fine together. But something is wrong between them... Could be something relationed with SOLO isolate options of the console? I know I have asked this before but...

Thanks to all in advance.

Best regards.

Oihan
Sell-Buy / Re: Need parts for 6000E build
« Last post by Kprellz on June 28, 2021, 07:26:02 AM »
PM'd
4K,6K,8K Series / Re: insert letters "F" and "E"
« Last post by christiancarvin on June 25, 2021, 06:06:27 AM »
Thanks Jiml, very interesting, I'll check your post!

4K,6K,8K Series / Re: SOLO/CUT isolate not working well
« Last post by horizonsound on June 25, 2021, 05:14:26 AM »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments. We might be corresponding in the wrong thread though!
By any chance, do you have the wiring diagrams for the SL651 master DL connectors? That would be DL31, 32, 33.
I want to set these up correctly this time.

Anthony.
The letters E and F refer to the patchbay and also the 6 way Bicc connectors on the upper buscard (B, D, E, F, G, K) plus T which is the track remotes and just goes from the buscard to DL's 41 and 42).

I will try to detail the patchbay and DL wiring soon, when I have time but I need to pay bills for the moment so, can't spend the time on this right now, sorry (even though I have started some rough drawings already). I will try to post something soon regarding the patchbay wiring at least.

Night all (posted about 05 am when I should be fast asleep!)
4K,6K,8K Series / Horizonsound console refurb
« Last post by jimlfixit on June 25, 2021, 04:03:05 AM »
Hi Anthony
I wish I had your console and others in my old workshop in Witney, Oxfordshire, UK, near to where SSL was located to refurbish as I used to have all the bits such as ribbons, audio cable, power stuff, connectors and tools available to do this. I bought a 32 channel 6k Bargraph console for about GB23K in the mid 1990's and stored it there for a few days. I looked at it and thought, wow, I now own an SSL after working there for 7 years but it was bought to break up and sell the bits on.
I got an unsecured bank loan for 23k GB just by showing two bits of paper to the bank manager when the interest rates were very much higher than they are today.
Nevermind and good luck with what you are doing there in Oz, like a few others are doing around the World these days.
I will continue to help with wiring issues when I can.
« Last post by christiancarvin on June 24, 2021, 02:38:25 PM »
You learnt something to me, thanks a lot :) ! I didn't know about impedance balanced concept consequence on the final signal.
« Last post by walrus on June 24, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »
As the Insert is only impedance balanced, you can pick up the full signal from Insert Pre/Post switch.
« Last post by christiancarvin on June 24, 2021, 11:47:53 AM »
After all these years, I still feel like a rookie hahaha! The signal goes to the patch in a balanced way (+ and - separately), I was looking for a place on the module where the signal is not separated just before it goes to the pach. (My English is awful hahaha...I would understand you quit!!)
Thanks for your patience :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10