Author Topic: And now this  (Read 11275 times)

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
Re: And now this
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
Brilliant info mate, thanks!!

Stef.

sintech

• Global Moderator
    • Bristol, UK
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
The Regulator card number should be CF82E98, it's used on all rails in the console supply also. It has 2x LF351's IC's

Showcase

• Dreamix
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
Yes CF82E98, and then there`s another card that caused us the cuts flickering, Im at home so cant check,

...this is not important but just for the record and so I dont lie about the J112 with a broken leg that I mentioned before IŽll check in the service book later today, what we repaired!

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 12:14:47 PM »
Thank you guys... crossing my fingers!! and everything else!

Showcase

• Dreamix
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
The fifth card is CF82E116, and for the record, it was a faulty J112 on that card causing our problems

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
Tech is in tomorrow, first thing we're doing is opening the PSU!

S

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
We put the TR cards back in and the CUTs etc started playing up again. We replaced the BUSS driver card with a spare and it seems to have rectified the problem. PSUs all checked out fine.

The Total Recall is a little better.. it appears that some controls are not working and/or controlling 2 parameters. (ie a low shelf pot and 2 will turn on the screen) this appears to be global across the console. Screen seems a bit better now too.

We had NO luck with the floppy drives with the same problem occuring... occasionally it would be ok but generally not... we would do a copy, a test and the drives would get to about 500 sectors to go and the message would appear that the drive isn't ready. We checked all connectors reseated ribbons etc and had no success.. any thoughts?

Tired!!

Stef.

Showcase

• Dreamix
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »
We sure could use a good SSL technician in here :) Anyway, I dug up my old email with a SSL tech when this happened us, maybe you could find something in there :

"When one object affects another this would indicate that the object addressing is faulty this could be because of a broken TR computer, could also be a problem with the interface card on the back of the keyboard which can have problems with its opto isolators. It could also be that the cabling between the keyboard and computer, or keyboard and channels is faulty/damaged and I have also seen a problem like this caused by metal particles (dirt?) falling into the edge connector where the channel plugs in or possibly even a faulty channel.

The TR addressing comes from the computer on the 50 way keyboard ribbon then is distributed to the channels along the 10 way ribbon cable called S9 and the busses are carried on the channel buss card pins nearest to the faders.

You can take all the modules out of the console and at some point this may cure your problem but also you can disconnect individual bays from the address busses by unplugging the 10 way connector (S9) and any of the S9 jumpers between the bays."

Hope this helps.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
Thanks mate,

We had a look under the keyboard a while back and ran tests, all was fine.

Maybe the TR computer is fubar.

S.

Dan Korneff

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 06:32:15 PM »

We had NO luck with the floppy drives with the same problem occuring... occasionally it would be ok but generally not... we would do a copy, a test and the drives would get to about 500 sectors to go and the message would appear that the drive isn't ready. We checked all connectors reseated ribbons etc and had no success.. any thoughts?

I went thru something similar with my floppy drives a few years back. Turns out that the actual SCSI drives had to be rebuilt. Instead of doing that, I just bought the ZIP drive upgrade from Microanalytic.

http://microanalytic.com/

All has been well after that

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:18 AM »
I emailed microanalytic about this about a week ago and still waiting for a response.

How much was it if you don't mind sharing?

Stef.

Dan Korneff

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »
It was years ago, but I think it was somewhere in the $3500 range.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
Ok, Peter Duncan quoted me 2500 quid for a floppy replacement alternative... I'm thinking it was this baby.

Are you booting off the ZIPs? are you finding media easy to find?

Stef.

Dan Korneff

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 03:56:15 AM »
yeah, I'm booting off of the zip. Zip media doesn't exist in any computer stores around me, but it's readily available online.
One tiny downfall to the system is that the SSL cant format a disk to be more than 32mb.. limitation with the file format I think. even though 2/3 of the disk is wasted space, I'm still able to fit more than one albums worth of data on a single zip which is really nice.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 06:06:05 AM »
Sweet. Might look into this, I've sent micro another email.

Did you buy it from them direct?

Stef.