Author Topic: ssl 6k computer software  (Read 4014 times)

madmuso

ssl 6k computer software
« on: October 05, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
hey guys,

While I am still to learn and attempt to use the consoles computer (for automation, etc) I have stumbled across vids on the net. I can see that the software is obviously old due to when it was designed, etc, but I was thinking, has anyone developed new modern software for these consoles? I can see that the original software works well but at times seems a little tedious, im sure its like anything else that you would just get used to but I just wondered thats all. It seems software is "modelling" and replacing everything else these days I wondered about the consoles software! hehe

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
Re: ssl 6k computer software
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
Writing emulators and designing hardware would be a huge job, it can be done.

I'm having huge problems with my Total Recall.

Stef

sintech

• Global Moderator
    • Bristol, UK
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:15:55 AM »
hehehe, I'm fast on the E software, more so than the G...

But..I celebrate the original concept with open arms,. you forget the multi-track and just command it from keyboard, and the computer sequences the events. Very cool, and at the time made any other desk look like it was in the dark ages.

Pelle, has developed a software/hardware solution which is on my purchase list :-) It's a cool system, but doesn't implement TR, that's cool for me.

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:18 PM »
yeah, i can't find anything wrong with the G+ software either.
the only thing would be better sync implementation, maybe skipping smpte altogether and giving more direct transport controls.
konnektor is a huge improvement over 2tools, whizzer & co, but zero latency transport like on a daw controller would be amazing, and would make you look at the daw screen even less.

Dan Korneff

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »

konnektor is a huge improvement over 2tools, whizzer & co, but zero latency transport like on a daw controller would be amazing, and would make you look at the daw screen even less.

Have you checked out the Desk Doctor ZX card? Pretty much zero latency transport

brewery

• The Brewery
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »
i have, and the konnektor is just as fast, and has a lot of other advantages - it catches loops without issues, automation just follows. no other system does that. you can record and punch from the SSL transport, and there isn't a 'master/slave' situation at all. you can jump between SSL and DAW transport whenever you want.
however, you are of course still winding between cues, even though really fast. the only solution would be to skip smpte and do a mtc only version. that's more than a software thing tweak though, and will probably never happen.

StefanNowak

• Sydney, Australia.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
Konnektor rocks. It's totally invisible.

S