Author Topic: SSL 6 way Console Bicc pinouts  (Read 4300 times)

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
SSL 6 way Console Bicc pinouts
« on: February 16, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
I've just found some pinouts I documented years ago for the SSL 6 way console Bicc pinouts as plugged into the upper buscard (see attachment).

These show the channel functions and the main power Bicc, B3. I think the only change may be the track remotes (from DL's 41 and 42 etc) which were rewired in the 1980's so I'll post more info on that later to update this post.

By the way, I have lots of these 6 way Bicc connectors available along with the various female and male crimps in different sizes to suit the different Bicc looms that SSL made (in rectangular or circular form) including the larger size power cables that used up to 25/0.25 gauge wire.

Hope this helps and is accurate. Regards from Jim Lassen (www.profcon.co.uk).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:26:22 AM by jimlfixit »

Spanzor

Re: SSL 6 way Console Bicc pinouts
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
Hi Jim- would you be able to re-upload the photo of this?  Unfortunately most of the attachments aren't working at the moment :(

I'm chasing down a missing insert send in my first bucket (insert return works fine) so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Spencer

jimlfixit

• Global Moderator
    • Maidenhead, Bucks, UK
Re: SSL 6 way Console Bicc pinouts
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 12:25:52 AM »
Hi Spencer

Looks like we sorted this issue by direct email contact. Your upper buscard pins were bent a bit, hence channel 4 insert send not happening.

As i mentioned, I have never heard about this issue before (bent pins on the upper buscard Bicc connector) but we all live and learn from this.

I thought it may be a patchbay short but I was wrong. Glad that it has been sorted now.