SSlmixed.com Forum

Tech discussion => 9000 J & K series => Topic started by: cjwakeman on December 11, 2015, 10:55:40 PM

Title: 9000J - Fader interface Card - 629040 - blown fuses
Post by: cjwakeman on December 11, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
Hey everyone,

Got a call from the studio last night saying that the stereo buss is no longer passing audio. Busses A-D and the externals still worked, So they used that to get through the night.

Come in today, works fine with the SSL computer OFF.

Take a look in the computer and the LEDs for the +12v and -12v are off on both Fader cards.

Test the fuses, and sure enough they're blown.


Now does anyone know where I can order these from? I'm having a hard time finding them online.

I know they're 2A fuses, but to be honest, I've never seen these before. I've attached a picture.

PS- love the information on the site!
Title: Re: 9000J - Fader interface Card - 629040 - blown fuses
Post by: Matt Sartori on December 11, 2015, 11:42:57 PM
I am not even sure what type of fuse it is (fast, slow..) but here is an example:

http://uk.farnell.com/littelfuse/0251002-mat1l/fuse-quick-blow-2a/dp/9921990

PCB Leaded fuses

Mattia.
Title: Re: 9000J - Fader interface Card - 629040 - blown fuses
Post by: sintech on December 13, 2015, 10:12:46 AM
The 2A Pico fuses are made by Bussman, look identical to the ones on the 4k

It maybe worth asking SSL for the part number, but in my experience, I've just bought 2A Pico Fuses from eBay, and these have worked great in the past :-)))
Title: Re: 9000J - Fader interface Card - 629040 - blown fuses
Post by: cjwakeman on December 14, 2015, 04:56:55 PM
Got a reply from SSL, here is the part number that they sent me:

35F5E320         FUSE WIRE ENDED FAST BLOW 2A

Here's a link: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0&keywords=LITTELFUSE+251002 (http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0&keywords=LITTELFUSE+251002)

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

They're great up in NY, ALWAYS willing to help, and allow me to pick their brains for nuggets of information.