Author Topic: Console finally upright …..  (Read 2069 times)

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2026, 07:12:53 PM »
so now i'm thinking i only moved pins for the new 8 "e" 242 channels i bought after the console. i installed the multiplex cards and transferred the pins but thought i did the original 32 channels. been a crazy 6 months planning the move and i must have forgot about doing the rest  here are 2 pics and im assuming the one going to bypass is the incorrect one.  Thanks Dave !  I'm hoping this is the solution once i'm done    There’s also the vca trim that has no jumper.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2026, 08:18:32 PM by Jdm5149 »

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2026, 05:56:58 PM »
Set all jumpers and resolded pins.  A few channels are pulled out. So a total of 32 installed for now. Still no movement on bar graphs during test. I tried using original disc programmed for 32 ch and turning off last bucket.  Still no movement. Maybe I’m rushing things or missing something. Vca and master still show movement.  How can I make a 40 channel program disc setup for this console. Commands online do not work.  Sorry about being all over the place. Just wanna set this console up and start making music. Vca to meter does show movement on meters so I’m thinking it’s problem with computer. If master Vca card was problem Vca to meter wouldn’t be working ??

horizonsound

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 404
  • Karma: +26/-0
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2026, 12:34:27 AM »
You need to post some photos of the console and computer, as it is very difficult to interpret a description of the issues.

In particular :-
50 ribbons connections at console, computer, and within the computer.
Within the console frame, under the faders (fader bus card).
Under the console - with interest in the 20 way S16E cable.

Are you using a computer bypass unit (1RU, located in computer rack).

I suspect something is not plugged in correctly.

Anthony.

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2026, 12:09:52 PM »
i guess i can say technician error on this one. i never connected the total recall cable inside computer figuring it wasnt needed yet  as soon as i connected and ran test faders responded !!  thanks again Anthony and the rest. 3 faders still havent responded but i can get to those soon. i still need to connect the heavy ground cable between board and computer so im assuming thats a must also. waiting 2 years has really motivated me and i might be just getting ahead of things but im really learning things as i go which is great for the future. k

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2026, 04:34:09 PM »
More tech errors   Not so funny.  I was fixing channels and some were fader issues. Swapping out things I have most of the channels functioning but then I heard a slight distortion out of the right side speaker. I always notice it was lower output but I then investigated with the power on.  I blew the 18 rail trace on main center section.  I’ve soldered on a jumper and all is good but now no monitoring.  The RF comp card is giving a short to the meter bit taking it out still brings no output.  I guess something was going slowly after I’ve turned on console after all these years. I should recap the whole center section. But it’s a learning lesson for the future.

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2026, 08:30:45 PM »
Repaired a few more traces on main board.  Man I was so close.  Maybe from sitting that long things were bound to go but I should have never taken out and tried to reseat the cards with power on 🤯🤯 it just seems the monitoring is affected.  One 26card shorts out the bus comp meter and taking it out just resets it to zero.  With just left side in still no signal.  Maybe a hint of master all the way up with channel input also.  Ok. Amy suggestion appreciated.  Going thru manual and testing main board voltages

Jdm5149

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +3/-0
Re: Console finally upright …..
« Reply #36 on: Today at 12:23:07 AM »
Wow.  After trying and measuring all day.  And soldering a few traces on main board. I remember I bought some spare cards awhile ago when available.  I was chasing missing +15v on cards 26 to 27 and sure enough the only spare I have is 27. Which when swapped brought 15v back. While troubleshooting this has brought me more knowledge I’m starting to believe in a higher power. lol.  During the move I dropped a Sony dmx r100 mixer I will be using for demos and multing keyboard and broke the front panel and on my last day in NY I went to pick up a eBay item and the kindest man in the world had 2 of the Sonys for sale.  He basically gave them to me for free.  I seriously hope the road forward with this beauty doesn’t bring me that much of a scare.  But I definitely need to find out what’s going on with the rf card.  Maybe some new chips and re cap asap