Author Topic: EOL for THAT Corp VCAs!  (Read 21 times)

tlmaen

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 136
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • Hamburg, Germany
EOL for THAT Corp VCAs!
« on: Today at 02:52:57 PM »
Hi everyone,
I spoke with a German audio equipment manufacturer yesterday; they mentioned that THAT Corp is no longer producing Blackmer VCAs.
The deadline for final orders ("Last Time Buy") is today, September 30, 2026.

Attached is the notification from THAT Corp, along with a statement from one of their distributors:
https://gb.profusion.uk/uk/blog/post/that-corporation-end-of-life

Not good news...
I’m definitely going to order a bunch of them.

Tilmann
Early 4044 E w Plasma Meters & Transformers
MPower PSU w Plasma option

horizonsound

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 404
  • Karma: +26/-0
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Horizon Sound
Re: EOL for THAT Corp VCAs!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:17:10 PM »
This is very bad news.

Stock already looks exhausted for most suppliers, with the only hope being SOIC (SMD) version, as some are on backorder with Mouser.

I fully expect SSL were across this, and have bought up most of the remaining stock. They still use the 2181A in their gear.

Anthony.